Crindau Gateway will provide opportunities for new housing, shops and leisure facilities focused around a waterside location.
Highly visible from both the M4 and the northern approach to the city, development at Crindau will need to be of the highest quality taking advantage of its strategic location.
Newport Unlimited, has secured £75,000 funding from Welsh Assembly Government’s ‘Catching the Wave’ action plan (to stimulate coastal economies in Wales), to consider the possibility of a developing a marina in Crindau.
A comprehensive masterplan will be prepared identifying opportunities for:
- making a feature of the Monmouthshire and Brecon canal terminus in Crindau;
- new housing and retail development;
- waterside leisure facilities and riverside park;
- improved access to the area;
- new business premises, where required, to accommodate new and existing businesses.